Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Dental Photography



Dental Photography:

I take a lot of photographs in my dental practice. They serve many purposes: documentation, dentist-to-dentist communication, dentist-to-patient communication, education, and even marketing. The clinical photos I show patients or potential patients are taken by myself. I never use "stock" footage of another dentist's work to pass of as my own, yet I've seen so many dentist's web sites do just that. I believe that is unethical.

The photos I take and show others are my own and are not digitally manipulated other than cropping, resizing.

When I take "before and after" photos, I do so with an "apples to apples" approach: the patient is photographed at the same angle, using the same lighting and the same proportion- so a direct comparison can be made. Is it fair to present it any other way ?

Lastly, all my photographs used are done so with patients signed consent.

Best,

Brock Tekin D.M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment